Saturday, April 16, 2022

Cold & Windy

That was today so I stayed inside and went through my latest NaNoWriMo manuscript. I realized last week that I'm not sure of how to end the story and I don't have a clue about a title. I thought maybe going through it noting the Point Of View of each section or maybe chapter might give me a clue. So I dug out some Post-It index cards and got busy. I made it about 2/3 of the way through today but didn't have an epiphany. Maybe later.



This Goldfinch is really yellow. I was surprised to see it today since it for sure doesn't feel like Spring out there these days. I know that it didn't get up to 40 today, barely made it to the mid-30s, so what makes this bird think that Spring is just around the corner is beyond me.


After the daily art which was just mark making with the side of a pencil (yawn!), I drew the last "I" figure in the 3-D book, an island with a lone palm tree.



Then I turned to the next page in the 10-Step book and found a dandelion to draw. I like it. I confess that I ordered a couple more 10-Step books, one for drawing people and the other to draw everyday things. I really need the people practice. Should be interesting.


After my shower this morning I knuckled down to reread the manuscript and start figuring it out so I didn't toss anything--except the junk mail that came today. Seems like most of the mail these days is junk mail, makes me feel sorry for the postal carriers hauling that stuff around just to have it go in the recycling or trash.

Happy Easter!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Even though it isn't really Spring, that goldfinch is certainly trying. Maybe it just flew in from someplace where it really is Spring! Happy Easter to you too.