Monday, April 4, 2022

No Tots

I am sad to say that the bar where we had lunch today was OUT OF TOTS! so I had to have plain old french fries with my cheeseburger. *sigh* The waitress said that they were very busy over the weekend and ran out. I think there were high school basketball tournament games in town which might explain the lack of Tots. It's good that we've decided to go back again next month so there's another chance to have Tots with my burger.

We woke up to the grass covered with snow again, but not the 3-5 inches the weather guys were bleating about all day yesterday. Whew. It was gray and drizzly all day but not quite cold enough to be slick, thank heavens. I got a kick out of this picture of a Cardinal in the platform feeder and a Mourning Dove on top with last night's snow weighting down one side of the feeder. The Cardinal evidently didn't know that the Dove was on top because he didn't try to drive it off.



I am much happier with my watercolor output today. I almost decided to end my watercolor quest but thought I'd give it more time. 21 days isn't really a long enough test.


The figure in the 3-D book was a light bulb denoting an inspiring idea, brought to you by the letter I. It was easy and fun to draw although I see that it's kind of listing to one side.



Today's daily art was half-page of black paper saying to make marks with white pencil and white pastels. The pencil hardly showed but the wax pastel and chalk pastel both showed up well. I just drew a few Peepers and one goofy laughing head. Not a lot of originality these days.


Tonight I watched the first half of Ken Burns' Benjamin Franklin film on PBS. It was engrossing and very interesting. I learned a lot. The second half is tomorrow night. Can't wait. While I watched I knitted on the Ends cast sock getting to the decreases at the top and tying on the third little ball of leftover yarn.


Today's toss was another Find It game, this one shaped like a silo and filled with farm animals and implements.

I couldn't get warm this afternoon. I was sitting reading through a manuscript looking for typos, verb tenses that need changing, and punctuation and realized that I was sitting here nearly shivering so I dug out a wool shawl that helped. This kind of gray and damp day really chills me to the bone.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Caught the peeing Peeper. Did you try to sneak that one by us??? Please do not give up on your watercolors. They are all so pretty.