Thursday, April 7, 2022

Smells Good In Here

 I couldn't wait any longer so I formed and baked all of the Semolina bread today. Man, my house smells great. I let it cool until suppertime then I brought up the electric slicer and got it all sliced neatly and bagged so it's ready for the trip to The Clearing on Monday.



DS stopped this morning and brought me these flowers for hauling him to and from his sinus surgery last Friday. It was unnecessary but appreciated. He's a nice man. I gave him a small loaf of bread in exchange.


There was a Goldfinch on the platform feeder this morning. It's hard to see but it's definitely turning yellow. The weather was gray and drizzly today but I guess that's a sure sign of Spring!



My first drawing today out of the 3-D book was this insect. It was fun to draw and challenging to figure out how to place the legs since they're kind of all tangled together but I managed.


Then I drew a couple more of the Drawing Cute critters--a sheep and a chinchilla. These are fun little things to draw. Maybe by the end of the book I'll be able to draw some on my own, or maybe I'll just keep drawing out of books and only manage to draw Peepers out of my own head.



I pulled today's watercolor out of my head. I made the paper all wet and then dropped in color, let it spread, and used a pen to make a flower. It's the watercolor-est picture I've made, I think.


I didn't toss anything today. I fell prey to the lure of the final couple of episodes of Season 2 of Bridgerton on Netflix. I had to find out how it ended. It was a happy ending but there are enough unresolved issues to make waiting for Season 3 difficult.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I will miss that bread … and all of you ❤️❤️❤️

Mimi

Aunt B said...

Well done all the way around today. Wish I'd have been there for a whiff of that homemade bread. Thoughtful son!! That boy was raised right!