Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sunny Day

At least until about 2 o'clock when I decided to take a walk. Then the clouds piled up and the wind sharpened a bit but I persisted and got in my walk before the rain/snow mix they're threatening us with tonight arrives. As I left for my walk I glanced down and saw that the eaten crocuses have sprung back. It looks like the bunny ate the tops and the base of the flowers kept going and opened tiny little golden yellow cups.



Then I looked at the rest of the front bed and there were the first squills, those little tiny white bells with faint blue stripes, starting to bloom. I guess I can survive another snowfall if the bulbs keep blooming.


I saw a possum in my backyard! Just now I went to draw the drapes and turned on the back light to see if it had started raining and there it was bumbling along. I grabbed the camera but when I opened the patio door it poured on the coals and scurried away. Ah well.


The lesson today in the 30 Days book was a wave. It's one of my least favorite things to draw because I think that the contour lines look weird but this time it looked more like the example so I was pleased. And I tried the "blind drawing" exercise twice today with no noticeable improvement. I'll keep trying. Maybe I need a simpler thing to draw...



My watercolor is a little better today than yesterday's. I just painted it and let it dry but then I decided to use a waterproof liner pen to outline the shapes. It's still not great but it's better. I'll keep trying.


I managed to list five things I was grateful for today. Lately it's been a struggle to find things, don't know why, I just feel like I'm in a bit of a slump. That'll change.


Today's toss was a Find It! game. It's a sealed clear tube with plastic beads in it and tiny toys that swim around in the beads and come to the surface when you shake it. There's a list on the end of the things that you can find in it, kind of fun but nobody plays with them anymore. I'll keep one and toss the rest.

I hope the weather prognosticators are wrong and we don't get the 3-5 inches of slush they talked about overnight. Tomorrow is my monthly 8th grade grads lunch and I don't want to miss it. What I really don't want to miss is a cheeseburger and Tater Tots. I love me some Tots.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Those brave little crocuses had to lift your spirits. There's something about that bright yellow that makes me happy. Another critter in your backyard!! It's a jungle out there!!!