Monday, April 25, 2022

More Flowers

My bulbs are blooming across the front of the house. The sweetest are the mini hyacinths that are just about three inches tall in pink, white, and purple. It's quite the trick to get down to their level but they smell just as good as the regular size ones.



The Cardinals came to the feeder a bunch of times today. As always, the male shooed away all comers but let the little lady land and peck at the seeds. I'm amazed at the difference in his color on sunny days and cloudy days. Today was one of the cloudy ones, chilly and breezy too, so he looked a little drab, not his flashy, sunny day self.


Today's daily art was a grid page where you were asked to put swatches of your colored pencils. There weren't enough spaces for the 72 pencil set so I used the 52 pencil set. When I put the pencils back into their box I even arranged them in rainbow color order. Very nerdy of me.



The next lesson in the 30 Days book was a room in 1-point perspective. I like this kind of drawing and I don't. I like it because I use a ruler so that it's very precise which pleases the Germanic, everything has to be right part of me but then I don't like it because it's so strict and rigid. Make up your mind, Barbara!


I pulled out a card to write a think you note and discovered that I'd bought a pack of cards that were painted by the artist who is teaching the watercolor class I'm taking next month. I got the paper and palette I ordered from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff today so now I'm pretty much ready to go and be all artistic and probably the rookie-est one in the class, but that's why I'm taking the class, to learn to paint better.

Today's toss was a book about making a watercolor journal. Again it was way too advanced and precise for my level of expertise. Great pictures but way beyond me.

I spent a lot of the day listening to an audiobook or reading an eBook. How else should I spend a dreary day once I've done a little drawing? Being retired is so satisfying.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your one-point perspective drawing is perfect. I feel like I could walk right into that very stark room. Well done.