Saturday, April 23, 2022

72 Degrees!

That's how warm it got today. I opened the house up to let the warm fresh air come inside and I still have a couple windows open. It's still close to 70 and I don't want to close the place up yet. I went out and cut down the tall ornamental grasses left from last year and then I raked away all of the leaves that got winter-blown against the back of the house. So now I have a pile of stalks, fallen branches, and leaves at the curb. Hopefully the stick and leaf trucks will start coming around. I just watched the weather and we're supposed to get back to below normal next week. Yippee.


This fully yellow Goldfinch stopped by to pose for a portrait this morning. I'm very happy to see their bright little selves flitting around the feeders.



And the rhubarb is sprouting like mad! Pretty soon there'll be big pink and green leaves and the temptation to make rhubarb sauce or pie or crumble.


The daily art page taught about using a pencil and your eye to measure the angles of an object. I don't think that I did a very good job of it. My apple was rounder than the drawing, I'm sure of it, but I ate the evidence when I was done with the drawing and coloring.



An ant was the next figure in the 15-Minute Artist book. It was a fun challenge to draw something so small on such a large scale.


For the first time in a week I made a gratitude journal page. I couldn't resist celebrating the warm temperature.


I went to the birdseed store this afternoon and was sorely tempted to go to the U-Bake in the same shopping center to buy something sweet to eat but I resisted. I have got to get myself off of the sweets and crunchies and back to eating the right things. I'm such a trial to myself.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are noble to skip the U-Bake - especially on a day to celebrate "almost summer." I love opening up the house like that. Even though ours is seldom open! Rehder rules, you know.