Thursday, April 21, 2022

Sunshine All Day

Today felt like Spring. It was sunny and while it was windy all day it wasn't a chilly wind. I walked to the mailbox in a fleece vest and a hat and was comfortable. Naturally it's supposed to pucker up and rain tomorrow. *sigh* Why can't we have two sunny days in a row?


I bit the bullet and called The Clearing to sign up for a watercolor class. One of the three classes held in May billed itself as for Beginners/Intermediate. The teacher used to teach 5th graders so I'm guessing she's patient, at least I hope so. It'll be weird being at TC without a friend but I'm sure that I'll make one. Only 4 weeks until I go!



When I came back from the mailbox up on the bank corner I saw green along the top of the retaining wall so I went back out with the camera and took this picture. These are Stella d'Oro lilies and irises sprouting. Hooray!


The daily art page asked me to draw something that makes me happy so I drew LC and OJ. Not very realistically but I recognize them and they definitely make me happy.



From the 10-Step Nature book I drew herbs--a bay leaf, sage, and thyme. I do enjoy drawing things out of this book.


Tonight I sat watching TV and finished knitting a cast sock. It's one that I knit with little leftover balls of yarn. I kind of like the patchwork quality of it.


In the "What next?" department, I got a text from my renter that there was something she wanted to show me on their patio yesterday. I went over and she showed me that the ground was washed out next to their patio and they've gotten a little water in their basement. I went over to look at it again this afternoon and saw that the window well was sunken and washing away. Looks like when we had them dug out and refilled for better drainage a few years ago they didn't fill that one well enough. So I called a basement guy and he said he'd come over tomorrow afternoon to look at it. Man, I hope he shows up. I'll be checking the other window well tomorrow too.Seems like it's always something.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Good for you for signing up for that course at The Clearing. I know you'll have a great time and you'll definitely make new friends. Can't wait for those lilies along your back wall to bloom. That always looks so pretty.