Monday, April 18, 2022

Oh, For Pity's Sake

Look at what we woke up to. Snow! On Easter Monday. Gah. It snowed most of the day but it didn't stick to the pavement and by the end of the day it had all melted off the grass. A very dreary and disheartening day. This Robin didn't seem to mind the snow. It sauntered around pecking at fallen seed and shoved the snow aside with its bill.



The Cardinals came to the feeder. I didn't get them together and didn't capture the tender moment when he gave her a safflower seed with his beak but I did snap a photo of him after he'd shooed away all of the House Finches that were in the feeder before she arrived.


I was especially pleased with my daily art journal page today. There were three shelves on the page that needed to be filled with things. I chose books, ornaments, dishes, and a plant. And I used my new watercolor pencils to color them. I also used a liner pen to outline the shapes before I colored them. It's something that the 10-Step books say to do and I've come to like the look of it.



This has to be my worst watercolor effort yet. I used masking fluid to keep areas of the canvas white but put it on too thick so that it doesn't look like snow at all. I like the moon and the sky but the rest is dreck. How come sometimes I can make the paint do what I want it to and other times I can't? I'm mystified and should probably stick to drawing.


The lesson in the 30 Days book today was all about foreshortened circles. I drew a volcano and a coffee mug, and then this lunar-esque landscape of craters and mountains. Kind of interesting.

 


I never knit a second sock but for some reason I want to knit another one with the Barn Owl sock yarn so I started the cuff and have about an inch knitted. I promise that I won't wear them together. I love this yarn.


I didn't toss anything today. I've kind of lost the oomph to do it.

I finished going through the NaNoWriMo manuscript hoping for a title clue and a hint about how to end the thing and found neither. Guess I go back to the beginning and read it again. *sigh*

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

At least the snow didn't stop the birds. And it didn't stick. Got to be some positives on a dreary day.