Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Now It's Raining

All day it was overcast and in the late afternoon the rain began. I'm just glad that it isn't snow. It feels almost cold enough to snow but it's definitely rain. According to a weather guy we've had 17 days with rain or snow this month and only 3 days with sunshine. Pitiful.


One of the squirrels spent some time nibbling the suet pellets today. It came back time and again, scattering birds as it leaped onto the feeder. The only birds that showed up today were Mourning Doves and Sparrows. I didn't take their pictures.



The next figure in the 15-Minute Artist book was a cat. I think the ears turned out right but I'm not sure about the mouth or the nose. They had me start with a pencil and then switch to a pen to finish the drawing. I think it's alright.


The daily art page said to make marks with watercolor and different brushes. I did that. I also got an email from The Clearing advertising classes in May that have openings. Three of them are watercolor classes. I am sorely tempted to sign up for a watercolor class. One of them sounds like it'd be good for beginners. Ooh, I've gotta think.



I don't know if you can see the buds in this picture but the maple tree in the neighbor's yard that I can see out my bedroom window has some red-orange buds on it. None of the other trees have buds on them, only that one but I'm glad to see it.


I posted asking for roofer recommendations on Nextdoor last night and got lots of responses. I called about six of them and left messages. One called back within an hour, was working in the neighborhood so he stopped by within another hour, went up on the roof, found some broken caulking, and fixed it. When he told me about it I asked how much and he said no charge. !!!!!!!!!! I am happy to report that I haven't heard any more drips since the rain started so evidently he found and fixed the problem. Hooray!

Today was OJ's sixth birthday. He ordered pepperoni pizza and chocolate cake for his birthday supper. It was delicious and he loved all of his presents. I can't believe that he's already six years old--and that it's been six years since I broke my ankle. Time sure flies when you're having fun.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What great news about your roof. And no charge!!! You should definitely use whatever you'd have spent on the roof to go to that class at The Clearing. Finding that roofer is a sure sign to do it. Loved talking with you yesterday.