Thursday, March 31, 2022

It Was Snowing When I Got Up

and it was snowing lightly when I came in here to blog. It snowed, light snow, off and on all day. I am so over this random spring/winter thing. Yesterday it rained then turned to snow overnight. I stayed inside thinking that there might be ice under the snow. In eleven days I'm going up to The Clearing with writing friends for a few days and I'd really like it to not rain or snow for those days. Pleeeeeeze!



This squirrel posed nicely on the suet pellets for me this morning. It spent quite a few minutes up there just nibbling away. I wonder how it gets anything through the fairly small mesh of the feeder but it must get enough to make hanging there worthwhile.


Then the Robins came. There were a couple of them fluttering around on the crooks and on the snowy ground.



Today's drawing lesson in the 30 Days book was contour tubes which isn't very interesting to look at. They aren't bad to draw just not much to look at. They don't make much of a picture. Not artsy.


So I pulled out the Drawing Cute book and drew the next two figures, a couple dogs. I think the pug looks kind of like a pig but coloring it brown helped.



I went out on a limb with today's watercolor. It's a picture looking out the big window of the Lodge at The Clearing when it was bright outside and dim inside. Can you say silhouette? I think it turned out okay. Sorta.


Yesterday I was very impressed that one of the roofers I called said he'd stop by this afternoon to check my roof. He didn't show. So I called and left a message for a call back. I lay awake half the night listening to the drip. I'm glad that it's not raining although I'd prefer that it was not snowing too.

Man, I want to go out into the kitchen and grab something crunchy but it's after nine o'clock which is too late to eat anything.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

It seems like winter is refusing to give up. Fingers crossed you have good weather at The Clearing. Your watercolor of the window is one of your best.