Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fresh Air

It got up to 61 degrees today! Warm and sunny enough that the patio glacier melted away from the concrete and I could use an old shovel to lever it up, break it up, and toss it off onto the grass. I even opened the patio door, pulled the screen, and let fresh air into the house. I also went out with a bag and picked up all of the trash that had blown into the yard over the winter. It was marvelous.



I tried my best to replicate an underwater photo of a seahorse. It amuses me that the shadows in that picture are turquoise. I don't know how that happened and I'm the one that took the picture.



This pair of House Finches visited the feeder. I waited and waited for the male to quit hiding behind the feeder post but he never did. Must be camera shy.



The temperature and the breakup of the patio glacier were the big items on today's gratitude journal. The short visit of the Cardinal rounded it out for today.



Today's toss was another razor. This one I don't have blades for so why keep it.

I got to spend the evening with the small people. They took me on a walk and it was lovely to not wear a coat and hat and scarf and mittens.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like a preview of Spring-to-come. Hope that's the last of a patio glacier for this year.