Tuesday, March 22, 2022

So The Smoke Alarm Works

It's been long enough since I did the last Investment Cooking that I forgot to turn on the exhaust fan when I browned the Salisbury Steaks and the smoke from frying set off the smoke alarm. *sigh* But I guess it's good to know that the darned thing works.  Salisbury Steak was the last recipe I made today.



First I put the Chicken, Mushroom, Brown Rice Casserole into the slow cooker for its 7 hour cook. I didn't get it started until 11 o'clock because the landscaper called and came over with the quote for the work I want him to do and that took up a lot of my morning cooking time.


Once that casserole was cooking I made Sausage & Veggies Sheet Pan Supper. I hadn't made it in about a year but I had a yen for all of the roasted veggies and the sausage isn't bad either. Isn't it pretty?



Twice today the Red-bellied Woodpecker showed up at the feeder. The first time he was only here for a split second, long enough for me to put my hand on the camera, before he flew away so the next time he showed up I took a quick shot. It isn't very sharp but you can see his red head but not the little red patch on his belly that gives him his name. The Nuthatch visited the suet pellets feeder but I didn't get its picture.


I got to color my drawing today. It's not the most symmetrical ladybug ever but it isn't bad. I think I should have put legs on the other side to balance it out. Maybe just a hint of legs.



Bravery (or foolhardiness) was what led me to try my hand at today's watercolor. It's a cluster of orange tube sponges and I'm kind of happy with the way it turned out. I think it looks more watercolor-y.

 

Oh, I almost forgot the best thing today. I walked the landscaper to the door and we were talking about the job and I looked down and there were crocus buds! Little yellow stripes of flowers elbowing their way out of the green sprouts. Hooray! 



And today I took the time to make a gratitude journal page. I realized that I'm often mostly grateful for the different birds that visit the feeders but I broadened my gratitude scope today to include my smoke alarm and the humidifier appointment. Gotta take gratitude where it comes.



Today's toss was a kids apron that's too small for any kids that hang around here.

I also got a call from the heating company that the humidifier that I ordered to be installed on my furnace should be in tomorrow so they can come on Thursday and put it in. I hope it comes and I hope it doesn't take all day to install. I'm having friends over to knit on Thursday evening and I want to have time to run to Zambaldi for some beer to serve my guests.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay for those sweet little yellow crocus sprouts! And another shout-out for your artwork. Good stuff all the way around today.