Monday, March 28, 2022

Bird! Squirrel!

I saw wildlife today! This Robin visited the nearly-frozen-solid birdbath for a drink. It landed on the ice and shuffled around to the open water. There were a couple other Robins around in the yard too but this was the only one that did anything worthy of a photo.



The squirrel spent quite a bit of time dangling from its back feet on the suet pellets nibbling away at the bottom of the feeder. Don't you think the blood would rush to its head when it hangs there so long? Gives me a headache watching it.


Lesson 14 in the 30 Days book was to draw a lily, well, a bouquet of lilies. It's a pretty easy flower to draw and I like the shape of the leaves.



The daily drawing page was to fill in the color wheel. Since I seem to be on a colored pencil jag I sorted through all three sets I have to find the right colors to use. I tried coloring the green space with both blue and yellow pencils but it wasn't green enough so I dug out a green pencil and went over it. Blue-violet was the hardest pencil to find. That one I did color in with a shade of blue and then went over it with violet until I was happy with the color of it.


Today's watercolor is from an old photo of one of the poppies that grows in my garden in the early summer. Or maybe it's a poppy from the patch in front of Mertha's Cabin up at The Clearing. I don't remember which one but it's a poppy for sure.



After two days of no gratitude journal page I managed to get one made for today. I've been kind of in a bit of a funk the last few days so it was hard to muster up gratitude for anything.



When I had my friends over to knit last Thursday, KE brought me a bouquet. I've been staring at it thinking that I should draw it since then and today I give it a shot. I'm kind of happy with the way it turned out. Mostly I draw things from a step-by-step drawing book of one kind or another, this is one of the first times that I just sat, looked at something, and drew it.


Instead of finding something to toss today I took the tosses from the last few weeks to Goodwill on my way to the grocery this morning. It was sunny but cold today; it's supposed to get a little warmer over the next few days but be rainy and windy. Yuk. I bought ingredients to make Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup in the slow cooker. It's a WW recipe so I have high hopes for it's deliciousness. I'll make it tomorrow and let you know.

The humidifier installer is supposed to come tomorrow at 7:30AM. Ugh. That means that I have to set my alarm for 6:30AM, get up, and get myself dressed before he comes. I've gotten into the habit of lolling around in bed until 8 o'clock and then not managing to get dressed before 10. Tomorrow will be a struggle.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your free-hand drawing of the bouquet in the pitcher is outstanding. Sorry you've been in a bit of a funk. Me too! Maybe it's the time of year. Still grateful for you and all your pictures. Your planned soup today sounds yummy.