Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Spring Is On The Way

And how do I know that? Well, I saw Sparrows courting this morning. The female was shamelessly flicking her tail and fluttering her wings in front of the male while standing on a garbage can lid. I couldn't hear any sounds but I'll be she was peeping away, the hussy.



Then I noticed a cluster of green just barely poking up above the wood chips in front of the house. I think they're daffodils but I won't know for sure until they get a little taller.


I filled the feeders and it didn't take the squirrels long to find the peanuts and start making off with them. Sometimes they sit there and eat the peanuts but most of the time they scamper away and stow them for later. This one jumps up on the birdbath and then to the top of the crook and then leans across, another one leaps straight up from the ground to catch the wreath and wriggle out a nut.



I amused myself no end drawing Peepers today. Peeper people and peeper animals. I think I invented them and I'm having fun with them. I wonder what OJ will think when I draw some for him.


The second Christmas/Easter cactus bloom has started to open and the third isn't far behind.They're so pretty and they last for such a short time.



The Goldfinches are back. I've seen quite a few of them at the feeders and around the birdbath. Oh! And I saw my first Robin getting a drink at the birdbath today but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture. Next time.


Today's toss was a couple lengths of t-shirt fabric that I used to wear as fashion scarves. I'm over that now.

I made a gratitude list today but haven't drawn the page yet. I'll get to it when I'm done here. I spent the evening watching a couple Season One episodes of All Creatures Great and Small on PBS Passport. It's pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation, CS.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Romance around the garbage can. Nature knows no rules when it comes to mating. Love your Peepers -- especially the one swimming.