Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Whizzed Right By

That was my day. It flew right by without me noticing anything but what was right in front of me. Didn't take pictures of birds although I spent a little time watching a Goldfinch at the tube feeder. Didn't take pictures of squirrels dangling from the suet pellet feeder. I got up around 8 o'clock, had breakfast, read the paper, and got caught on Facebook scrolling away without thinking. Lala called and we talked and laughed for a while, then I took my shower, got dressed, and had lunch. I went to the grocery after lunch when it's not as busy as other times and spent more money than I thought I would. On my way home I stopped for a car wash because I realized that my car was in danger of turning into a salt lick.

This morning I did notice that another of the Christmas/Easter cactus blossoms was opening.Woohoo! and it looks like a third one might be thinking about it. I'm over the moon!



At the grocery I bought the ingredients for Greek Meatball Bowls. No, the bowls are not made of Greek meatballs, they are bowls with couscous, roasted vegetables, Greek meatballs, and tzatziki sauce in them. I found the recipe on The Pound Dropper's website a few weeks ago and have been chomping at the bit to make it. I planned to make it next weekend but couldn't wait so I made it this afternoon. It makes five servings so guess what I'll be eating the next four nights. I don't mind. I suspect that roasted zucchini would not fare well in the freezer. I envision it getting terminally watery and disgusting so I'll make the supreme sacrifice and eat it all this week.


Once I finished cooking and washed up almost all of the dishes, bowls, and pots (the couscous pan needed soaking since I evidently don't know how to make it without it sticking) I realized that I hadn't drawn anything today. So I pulled out my sketchbook and the 30 Days book and drew the next lesson which was these little stacked table things. They're fun to draw.


Today's toss was a bag of frozen noodles that I couldn't bring myself to cook. They're the same brand as the ones I put in the Chicken and Noodles I made for DD and the noodles were doughy and disgusting. Nope, not keeping them, never going to make them.

And that was my day. I didn't even make a gratitude list. And I didn't knit either.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Amazing how three little blossoms can bring so much joy to the day. But I'm smiling at the sight of them myself. And I don't even live up there in the frozen Northland! I'm like you. If I like something, I could eat it every night for a week. Your meatball bowl looks good.