Wednesday, March 30, 2022

It I Was Faster

Or the birds were slower I'd have some lovely shots to share with you. The Red-bellied Woodpecker made a lightning visit to the platform feeder, the Cardinal spent a few seconds on the ground, and the Nuthatch made a snatch-and-grab at the tube feeder. *sigh* I didn't even take a picture of the ice pellets that covered the ground and pavement this morning. It melted slowly through the day and then it started drizzling. The bad news is that I think I have a roof leak. The last few times it has rained I hear a drip in the bathroom but all of the faucets are dry. I called a couple roofers today; one answered the phone and will stop over tomorrow afternoon. *double sigh* It's always something.


That just leaves art to share. Today's picture in the 15-Minute Artist book was a little frog. He turned out okay. I didn't get the angle of the head quite right but, still, it looks like a frog.



In watercolor news, I noticed yesterday that some bunny has eaten down all of my crocuses so I went into my photo files and found a picture of the crocuses when no bunny ate them. I'm very happy with the results.


The daily art page asked what is hiding in the reeds printed on the page. I thought and I thought and finally drew four tiny ladybugs climbing on the reeds. At first I planned to draw a snake but ladybugs are friendlier and I liked the idea that they're little and easy to miss.

 


And the biggest thing to be grateful for today was that I found gas for $3.91 a gallon. Woohoo! I wasn't the only one swinging into the gas station when those numbers dropped today.


I didn't find anything to toss today. I seem to have fallen out of the habit and I need to get back into it.

That Sweet Potato Cauliflower soup I made yesterday isn't going to last long. I've eaten it for supper the last two nights. It's really good. These crummy, drizzly days are real soup days.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh no!! A roof leak -- and right on top of your humidifier thing!! Damnit all. Home ownership has its pitfalls. Love your pictures today - especially the crocuses and the tiny ladybugs.