Thursday, March 17, 2022

Another Sign of Spring

Spring signs are busting out all over. Today I saw the first chipmunk that I've seen since last fall. It spent a lot of time crouched on the patio step then darting over to the fallen seed for a nibble. I filled the feeders but it didn't climb up into the platform feeder for which I am grateful. I buy the seed for the birds not the chippies.



The daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths are sprouting nicely. Two days in a row of 61 degree weather makes a big difference out there.


I saw a new bird this afternoon! It's not a very good picture of this small, finch-type bird but I looked it up in my bird books and it's a Common Redpoll. It's called that because they have a little red patch on top of their heads. I've never seen one before. I was very excited.



Today out of the 3-D book I drew Hiding Henry. It's just an open box with little legs dangling over the edge. He thinks he's hiding like every other little kid. It was pretty easy to draw.


I spent some time going through my digital photos and printed off a few that I think I might be able to paint. I started today with a sunset taken from the Council Ring at The Clearing in Door County. I chose it because of the colors and because there's no structure for me to screw up.


Today's toss was a couple picks, you know, for permed hair. I won't be getting a perm anytime soon (do they even do them anymore?) so I don't need to keep them.

I took another walk today around the block. It was too nice to stay inside. I also filled the birdfeeders and went to the birdseed store for supplies. I opened the patio door again today. It's so nice to have fresh air in the house.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hope you're keeping a portfolio of all your drawings and watercolors. You're getting better all the time. Yay for sprouts of green in your yard. Spring is definitely on the way.