Friday, May 20, 2022

Well, That Was Quick

I finished the Ashes Hat tonight at Friday Night Knitting. I guess that's what you have to expect when you use fat yarn and big needles. I do love the colors in this yarn. And there's enough left to knit a toe cap too.



It was a dreary, overcast day today and I took the camera out to take closeups of the flowers in the yard. First came the bleeding hearts.


And then the lilacs. No bumblebee butts in evidence. (BH read a poem that included a reference to bumblebee butts covered in pollen that struck all of us today on a Zoom.)



The last figure in the "K" lesson of the 3-D drawing book was Kooky Keyhole. I was sure it would be a pain to draw but I followed the examples and quickly had this.


The next page in 10-Step: Everyday Things was a stack of books. It was more of a challenge than I thought it'd be. I drew the top book easily but then had the devil of a time making the two books under it look right. I did a lot of erasing and finally got a ruler to help make the lines behave.



I took another stab at the second Face but ran out of time to color it before time for knitting so I left it black and white. I drew this one from memory. Not too bad.


Today's toss was another shirt that I never wear. I like it but I don't wear it. Not keeping it.

I saw a new bird in the backyard today. It was a Wood Thrush, reddish brown on top of its body with a white breast and pot-belly with black spots on it. They say it has a nice song but I didn't hear it and I didn't get a picture. Dang it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the bleeding hearts and wish I could sniff those lilacs. I'll have to settle for our frangipani. Sweet but nothing like a lilac.