Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Sun Came Out

I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the shade this morning. The sun was shining. It shone all day. It made me smile. The temperature got up to 55 degrees even. I could go outside in just a shirt and sweater and I didn't really need the sweater. Luxurious!  Here's another look at the forsythia, a closeup one, just because.



The male Cardinal stopped by, shooed away all the other birds, and spent time pecking away. No female came. Maybe she's sitting on a nest.


The squirrel made himself/herself at home on the suet pellets. Another squirrel scampered up, this one dropped to the ground and chased the interloper off, then came back and had some more nibbles. It must be worth the effort.



The daily art page said to draw my bookshelf and take pains to be very accurate. I wasn't sure that I could do the job but I sat here with my pencil, took my time, and did a pretty good picture of the shelf of writing books. I'm glad they didn't say to write the book titles on the spines. I can't write that small and I for sure wasn't going to use a pen which was one suggestion. No sirree bob.


The next lesson in the 30 Days drawing book was to draw a castle in 2-point perspective. The directions made so much more sense this time around.


I'm having so much fun drawing out of the 10-Step books that I ordered the last two the other day. They came today. 10-Step Drawing: Flowers and 10-Step Drawing: Animals. I swear I won't leap ahead into them for at least a day or two. I haven't even flipped through them yet. I have lots of other things to draw.

Today's toss was a couple more cookbooks. One was How to Cook Without a Book and another one was The Cake Doctor. I had marked one measly recipe in each book that I had cooked more than once so I copied the recipes and tossed the books.

I got to pick up the small people this afternoon and feed them supper, then help them get ready for bed. It's like grabbing the tails of whirlwinds. They have so much energy even at the end of the day. I forgot how little kids seem to run forever. And I got to collect eggs.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

Love the close-up of the forsythia -- with the little dewdrop hanging on. And both your drawings are great. The bookshelf one especially. Good for you for tossing those cookbooks and only keeping the recipes you want. I don't think your mother did that. She had a huge stack of magazines as I recall.

Aunt B said...

P.S. But then she had a huge stack of a lot of things!!!