Saturday, May 28, 2022

Back in the Groove

I got right back into my art groove today, spending a little time painting a postcard of pansies, which I'm semi-happy with,



and drawing a hand, which I am also semi-happy with. I seem to have developed a permanent slump and ache between my shoulder blades so I have to remember to sit up straight when I'm not painting or drawing. I also have to do some rearranging in the spare bedroom. I have watercolor things strewn all over the bed and it all needs to be better organized on shelves since Lala is coming for the weekend in a few weeks and will need a place to sleep. Hooray!


I stopped at the Jensen Center bookstore on my way out of The Clearing yesterday and finally saw a Ladyslipper orchid on the path from the parking lot to the building. I had been hoping that they'd be out but all there was were aging, pink Trilliums and invasive Forget-me-nots until the very last hour that I was there. Whew.



This was the view from my loft window once I'd finished packing but before I shouldered the first backpack and went down the stairs/ladder. One of the downstairs guys helped me by stepping up on the first rung and catching the other backpack so I didn't have to haul them both down. I don't think I'd ask for the Loft again especially not for a writing class when I'd have to haul a laptop and maybe a printer but I'd stay there again in a pinch. Of course it turned sunny after three dreary weather days just when we were all packing and leaving.


Not many birds at the feeders these days. This House Finch had a little tussle with another male before settling in for a snack.


I mowed the lawn this morning before it started raining. It didn't rain much, just enough to be annoying, but I was glad to have the grass mowed. I probably should have bagged it but I left the mower on mulch and went slowly where it was thickest and it went okay. I got to have a couple assistants this afternoon. We had fun with slime and a couple bubble shooters I got at Target, then we made cornbread, carrot, cheddar waffles for supper with baby carrots and fruit on the side.

I don't remember if I tossed anything today... oh yeah, I found a quilted bag downstairs that's been in a pile for years. Out!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That view from your window at The Clearing! Almost worth the climb up to the loft to enjoy that every morning. Well, not that I had to do the climbing! Glad you had a helper getting down and out at the end.