Tuesday, May 17, 2022

More Hummingbird

I can't stop. Whenever she sits on a perch where I can see her I grab the camera and snap away. Today I was lucky enough to get a photo of her with her wings abuzz. I saw a bunch of other visits but this one time she posed.



The lilies and irises up on the retaining wall are really popping up. It seems like every day they get taller. I can't wait until I see flower stalks shooting out of the clumps of leaves.


Look at the ferns! Two days ago they were barely out of the ground, still little green fists in the center of last year's crown, and now they're at least eight inches high.



I found another face to draw, it's the next page in 10-Step: People. She isn't perfect and doesn't match what's in the book but I am happy with what I managed. I'll keep working at it.


The next figure in 10-Step: Everyday Things was a table lamp. It wasn't until I took the picture that I realized that my lamp leans to the left. Maybe the table is tilted? These things are not nearly as much fun to draw as things in the 10-Step: Nature book but I'm trying to ration those pictures so that the book lasts longer. Of course, once I finish it I can always just start at the beginning again, can't I?


Today's toss was a tote bag.

This morning I was still getting a little whiff of sewer from the basement so I went down and poured more water down the floor drain. Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

I got a call from The Clearing this afternoon and was afraid that they were calling to say that next week's classes were cancelled but they were calling to say that they had a single room for me. Hooray! Of course that costs more but if I'm not going with a trusted friend I don't want to share a room with someone who isn't as COVID vigilant as I am. I also stuck two more N95 masks in my art supplies just in case the elastic on the others gives up the ghost.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Spring is busting out all over up there. Finally!! Love those fluttering wings on Miss Hummingbird. They really are the most incredible birds. So glad you caught her in action!
I love your Nature drawings too but all your efforts are neat.