Thursday, May 19, 2022

I Keep Trying

 This is the third try to draw the second face in 10-Step: People. My critique of the drawing is getting picky--crooked mouth, too narrow eyes--I guess that means I'm getting better at drawing faces. I'm not giving up.



The daily art page said to make a simple pattern with pieces of cut paper. I was going to dig out some origami paper to cut with the circle cutters but then I remembered the circles of watercolor paper that I already had so I grabbed the glue stick and made a pattern. Is it art? I'm not sure.


This Cardinal made a lightning visit to the feeder today. I was lucky to snap this photo because it flew from the Adirondack chair, to the birdbath, to the crook, to the ground, and then to the feeder. Didn't stay anyplace for long. Like I said, I was lucky to catch it.



The next lesson in You Can Draw in 30 Days was the human eye. I drew it three times as a right eye like the pictures show, then I decided to try drawing a left eye. Whoa, what a difference. I'll have to practice eyes, left and right, a bunch to get better at it. Amazing the difference changing the direction makes.


Tonight I got together with a couple friends to knit. We had delicious nibbles, more like food than appetizers. There were chicken meatballs in a french onion sauce, BLT dip with toasted baguette slices, tiny little caprese toasts, and cheese and salami with crackers. My contribution was some cashews and banana chips. What? I had the munchies when I was at the store figuring out what to bring. I even got some knitting done.


Today's toss was an old shirt.

Today I repacked my clothes for next week in a backpack. I am amazed that I got all my clothes into one pack. I'll have another one with toiletries, water bottle, and other necessities but two backpacks will be easier to get up into the loft than one medium-size suitcase. I promise to post a picture of the stairs/ladder on FB and Instagram on Sunday so you can see the challenge I'm facing. I'll be really good at climbing by the time next Friday rolls around.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You'll be able to add climbing to your list of skills after your week at The Clearing. Somehow sleeping in a loft sounds like fun.