Monday, May 2, 2022

A Drawing Day

It was another chilly, dreary day in good old Green Bay. I went out in the morning and the fresh dirt was dry enough that I could walk on it to clean the leaves out of the last window well. I don't have covers for the three wells on my side of the duplex so I'll just have to watch to make sure that I clean them out periodically. I do not want water in my basement.


The daily art page today had four hooves drawn on it and asked me to draw the animal that the hooves belong to. I drew my rendition of a big-horn sheep. I think I did okay.



The next figure in the 3-D book was Jumping Jack, another one of Mark Kistler's space drawings. I wasn't enthusiastic when I saw it but I managed to draw it and feel good about the way it turned out.


Then I turned to the next page in the 10-Step Drawing: Everyday Things book which was sunglasses. I drew them and wasn't happy with my outcome so I took off my glasses and tried again. That one had the left half looking good and the right half all wonky so I took another run at it and that time I was happy with it. I have trouble with things that are at an angle. Perspective isn't my best thing so I drew the third pair of glasses pretty much head-on. I'll try again with my glasses at an angle. Another day.



I happened to glance out the patio door and saw an unfamiliar bird. By the time I got the camera up and ready it had run off to the side but I was able to snap one shot of it before to scampered off to the garden. It's pretty blurry but I was able to identify it. It's a Brown Thasher and it's a ground feeder. I thought at first that it was a variation of a Flicker but it's its own self. I wonder what they eat. I'll have to look that up.


Today was the first Monday of May and therefore the day I go to lunch with people I graduated 8th grade with many years ago. There were 10 of us today, eight men and two women. I'm surprised that more women don't show up. There is usually another woman but her husband has COVID so they're in quarantine. I had a gyro and TATER TOTS. Hooray! I will confess that I ate enough at lunch that I skipped supper altogether. It's only once a month.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you got your Tater Tots. And skipping dinner so you don't have to feel guilty about a minor indulgence. And a nice little monthly gathering with old friends.