Friday, May 27, 2022

I'm Home!

Back to the blog after five days' posting pictures of my Clearing adventures on Facebook and Instagram. I had a great time but was chilled much of the time, except when I was sleeping because heat rises and I was upstairs so I slept in a t-shirt under the sheet most nights. I also started waking up at 5 o'clock in the morning on Wednesday and did it again Thursday and Friday mornings. I am not a fan. Also I am really sleepy right now.

In the "Spent $20 to save $10 Department" I ordered an Otter case for my cellphone because my Pop Socket wouldn't stick to the cheaper phone case I originally got. I really missed the Pop Socket, not just because it's cool looking (which it totally is) but because I have a holder glued to my dashboard so my phone can rest up there which keeps it from slipping around on the seat and also makes using Google Maps a whole lot easier.

KA, the painting teacher, had a short stack of white plastic soup plates and some square bowls that she gave out to students who needed a place to mix paints. I didn't think I needed one because my palette has big mixing wells but then she mixed a big batch of glaze in one of the plates and it made me wish I had gotten one from her. So I stopped at the Green Door Thrift Shop in Sturgeon Bay on my way home and, lo and behold, I found this white ironstone soup plate marked eighty-five cents. Even better, everything in the store was half-price. Score!


KA also brought pansies for each of us to take home. She planted them in inverted glass globes from a light fixture that she got at a Habitat store. She put a stone in the hole where it fits over the bulb to keep the soil from leaking out. I got the only one this color. It was the one I wanted most of all, the rest were plain white or purple, I was thrilled when no one else picked it. I think I'll try painting it next.



When I got home, not only did I see that the lawn really needs mowing or maybe even baling, but some of the iris up on the retaining wall have started to bloom. They're so pretty.


And the lilies of the valley are blooming too. They had just started to open when I left last weekend and when I went out today to fill the birdfeeders I could smell them. Heavenly.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting first I knitted a few rows on the Simple Alpaca Shawl but it was slow going so I went downstairs, found some dishcloth cotton that appealed to me, grabbed some needles, and cast on and knitted on a simple dishcloth. I'm tired enough that it was at a level of complexity that I could manage.


Today's toss was a long-sleeved t-shirt that doesn't fit me.

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open and to keep my head from hitting the keyboard. I think it's time to sign off and hit the hay. Nighty-night.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your time at The Clearing was certainly well-spent. So very glad you went -- but now I'm glad you're home. Those iris look regal and the lilies-of-the valley always remind me of Cave Avenue.