Thursday, May 5, 2022

Blurry

I had an eye doctor appointment this afternoon. They dilated my pupils and they're still not back to 100%. Not that my eyes are that great, that's why I went to the doc, but it's pretty blurry on this side of the screen. I have eye drops to use for the next 4 weeks and then I go back to report. My eyes burn and tear when I'm concentrating and I want it fixed.


This was a Goldfinch day at the birdfeeders. They're not frequent visitors but today there were Goldfinches on the ground, on the crooks, and on the feeders.  I was amazed to capture a male and female on the feeder. Must be Spring!



Before my eye appointment I turned to the daily art page. It said to find an image, glue it onto the page if possible, and then make paint swatches to go with the colors that attracted me. That was something I did in that watercolor sketchbook online class so I copied one of the pictures I glued into that book, got out the travel watercolors, and made some little smears of color on the page.


I didn't pull out drawing until after my appointment, after the dilation drops (which stung like crazy), so it was kind of a relief to see that the next page in the 3-D book was the five versions of the letter K. Since I couldn't focus my eyes and could barely see, I think I did a remarkable job of it. 



After supper I sat on the couch, watched Jeopardy!, then picked up the Owl sock to finish my least favorite part of knitting a sock, the heel gusset. That's where you decrease back to your original number of stitches from the increased number so that the heel fits around the biggest part of your foot. Now I'm ready to just knit around and around (and around) for 7" until I get to the toe. I also knitted the sock back onto the circular needle so I can knit it Magic Loop instead of wrestling with four DPNs. One of these days I'll learn how to turn the heel, etc. using a single circular needle and not have to switch back and forth.


My doorbell rang just as I finished my lunch and I went out to find that FedEx had brought me a package. I knew that I hadn't ordered anything that hadn't been delivered and it was from 1-800-Flowers. I opened the box and it was 2 dozen roses from DD for Mother's Day! Aren't they beautiful? She's such a wonderful daughter. I love her and the flowers.


Today's toss was an old 3# can from Folgers that I found rattling around on the shelf where the vases are. On the same shelf I found two packages of some kind of stretchy bandage stuff. I have no idea why or when I got it. It's in the Goodwill box now.

It was sunny-ish and warm-ish today. I could go outside in my tee shirt and cotton sweater and was comfortable. It can stay this way for the next, oh, three months.

I got texts from both DS and DIL1 telling me that LC and OJ were sick today. Throwing up sick. Evidently there's a tummy bug ripping through the elementary school. And how was I feeling? So far I'm fine. Naturally I spent the evening with the little germ factories yesterday but we wash hands a lot and I only kiss the tops of their heads so maybe I'll be okay. Fingers crossed I stay fine. The latest text says that LC is vastly improved and OJ is slightly improved. Everyone's hoping that they awake feeling chipper and hungry.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love Mr. and Mrs. Goldfinch. Hope you're hale and hardy today with no germs from the kids. And that your eyes are bright and shiny. Fingers crossed.