Saturday, May 7, 2022

Sprouts!

 Things are sprouting up all over the yard. There are leaves on the tips of the honeysuckle branches,



 

the bleeding hearts have shot up another couple inches,


and the peonies are making an appearance next to the privacy fence.



This afternoon the Downy Woodpeckers came to visit the filled feeders and this one stopped for a few sips of water. I had a helper this afternoon and we got all the birdfeeders filled and even put out the Hummingbird feeder. I checked the Hummingbird Migration Map online today and yesterday was the first sighting of one in Green Bay.


The daily art challenge was to do another blind drawing using color so I tried my hand at my vase of roses from DD. I confess that I looked at where I was when I changed colored pencils but I didn't look when I was drawing. 




The next figure in the You Can Draw in 30 Days book was a city in 2-point perspective. Not a very interesting drawing, it's just a bunch of tall cube-like things. I didn't add any windows or doors. But then I turned to the next page of the 10-Step: Nature book and there was a Barn Owl that needed drawing. It went pretty well, if I do say so myself.


LC and I did origami after filling the feeders and playing at Fireman's Park. We had a lot of fun going through part of an Origami Page-a-day calendar that I kept from 2005. We folded about five figures before we ran out of steam and played with an old digital camera. She invented a game with the camera. One person closed their eyes and the other person took a picture of something in the house and the first person had to figure out what and where it was. She was much better at it than I was and was the winner.


It was a warm sunny day today, just like Spring. Finally.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Blue sky in that first picture!! Looks like Spring. And your drawing of the roses could be a Picasso. Very well done indeed. Happy Mother's Day. XXXXX