Friday, August 23, 2013

Tomato Harvest


I noticed last night that there was a lot of red in the Sweet 100s plant (cherry or grape tomatoes) so I got out a bowl and went out to pick  I got lots!  Lots and lots!  Tomato salads for supper tonight.  Woohoo!  A couple of the full-size tomatoes are slowly ripening too.  Of course while prying the nearly ripe one off the plant (it was wedged against the stake) one that's barely ripening fell off but, have no fear, it'll ripen just fine on the counter top.  Tomato Boy's kinda down in the dumps these days so I'm hoping that a counter full of red, juicy goodness will perk him up.

I couldn't write last night.  I tried, I really tried, but I got nothing.  Sleepy, I got sleepy, but no words came to perch on the blue lines on my page.  *sigh*  I hate when that happens.

I have to schedule the final interview so I can knuckle down and finish that business history I wildly said I'd do.  I should have kept my yap shut and let DJ find someone else.  I don't have the mental energy to do it.  Speaking of funks (were we?) I'm in one.  I suspect that if you look at the Wikipedia page with the definition of funks my picture's on there.  I'm the poster child of funks, writing funks anyway.  I think about writing, about wanting to write, about finishing the final draft of my novel(s) and getting them (and my fairly fragile [these days] ego) out there looking for a publisher, but nothing happens when I get to my desk.  Most of the time I don't even get to my desk.  I have the thought and it fades away, dribbles out my ears and goes to Cancun windsurfing...  I watched a video of an interview with Stephen King from 2001 yesterday and he talked about writing the novel he was promoting in longhand because he couldn't sit at his computer after he'd been hit by that car.  He showed off a big ledger with page after page of gorgeous loopy writing and I nearly wept.  I just dug out my Waterman pen, now I need a book to write in.  Oh, yeah, and an idea, and a cave to retreat to.  For about a hundred years.

Enjoy your Friday.  I have to work until 2, and then there's a home game.  Oh goodie, Packer traffic.  *double sigh*  I'm not in the mood.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hate when that happens -- that somehow nothing's right. But you do have those wonderful tomatoes. All that red has got to cheer you up.