Saturday, August 10, 2013

Still Soft & Fuzzy, Not Done Yet

It hasn't really been a knitting week.  It hasn't really been an "anything" week but I keep plugging away at the Cloud Soft Grandbaby Blankie.  I love the colors, and the yarn is soooo soft.  So soft.  I'm closing in on the end of miter #3 and will use fuschia and purple for miter #4 and take out the fuschia and add in yellow for the corner.  Then it'll be time for the edging.  Woohoo.  Then I can move on to the next grandbaby thing, which will be a teeny tiny sweater for when it's first born.  It better not be over 9# because that's the high end of the size range for this pattern.  That's really tiny, isn't it?  Can't wait to make it.  This might be the best dressed-in-knitting grandbaby this year.  Oh, probably not because I'm not much for knitting with the tiny, fine yarns and lacy patterns, but it will be warm and brightly covered.  And fuzzy in this blankie.



I like this yarn so much and am so disappointed that it's discontinued that I found a bit of it in neutral colors to buy from people's stashes on Ravelry.  That's just one of the reasons I love Ravelry.  One of the many.  I still want someone to make a site like it for fabric craft so I can catalog all my patterns and notions and the barrel of thread I still have and all my fabric.  Get to work on that, someone, okay?















I splurged on a pound of hazelnut decaf the other day and mixed it into my regular decaf.  I just made the first pot with it.  Ooh, it's so good.

No comments: