Thursday, November 15, 2012

What I Did On My Day Off

I finally finished the first men's chemo hat I cast on, that's what I did.  I'm not a very fast knitter and I'm not a very project monogamous knitter either. 


The crocheted one which was the third one was slightly problematic.  I started it, frogged it, restarted it using a different pattern, refrogged that one, re-restarted it using yet another pattern, re-refrogged that one, finally started it again with my old-standby pattern and a one size smaller hook and finished that one at work on Tuesday, which took up quite a bit of my time as you can imagine. That's it below in all its chamo-y glory.


So last night after supper I reloaded my 2 chemo hap project bags (one crochet & one knit) with new man-approved yarns (I ran them by Durwood) and plunged in again.  I'm determined to crochet a Zac Brown Band-style beanie, even though that's one of the patterns I tried before and ripped out, but I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.  It's the brown blob on the left.  So far, so good.



I found a similar rib-knit hat pattern to the original one that calls for a bigger needle (I'm really a big yarn/big needle girl) and cast that one on in the black.  When I was digging for yarns for the hats I found a tiny scrap of a black, white & gray yarn that I slapped in after the first few rows just so it isn't solid black.  I know, I know guys like solid black (boring) hats but this is just a little bit of interest I don't think they'll mind, do you?  I promise I'll do an all-black one next.  Men need to get with color, all this blue, brown, gray, forest green, and black is just plain dull.  Dull, dull, dull.  Perk it up, guys, walk on the wild side.  How about a nice rust?


I got my teeth cleaned in the afternoon too but there are no photos of that.  You're welcome.

No comments: