Saturday, November 17, 2012

Too Much Fun


I was surfing the Ravelry pattern files of dish/washcloths seeing if there was one I wanted to make for the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild holiday exchange next month when I came across this one.  It slapped me upside the head and made me hunch over the keyboard looking at projects made with it and other possibilities.  Doesn't it look like coral?  It does, if you've never seen it in person, trust me, it really does.  This morning I've gotten back onto Ravelry and found many more patterns, many of them free.  This could become quite an obsession. Look at darymaid's coral reef!  Totally amazing.

As soon as I got home I went down into the stash, picked out an F hook and a partial skein of non-pastels and just plunged in.  Here's what I have so far.  Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: