Saturday, November 24, 2012

On A Crocheting Jag

I need to stop or at least take a break.  My left hand's kind of tingly and achy and that only happens when I crochet too much or for too long.  *sigh*  I don't want to stop because I'm enjoying it.  I will stop knitting and crocheting with cotton yarn; that's the worst on my hands I assume because it's inflexible, but I'll just cut back using regular yarn.  It'll be okay, I'm sure.  And I'll wear a brace like a good girl, that'll help too.

I made another crocheted chemo hat from a new pattern I found.  I really like the golden brown with the dark brown stripes.






The knitted black Boystown Beanie is coming along.  I realized that I wasn't going to make it to the end on what I had so on my way home from knitting with Skully this afternoon at Michaels for another skein of Red Heart Soft yarn so it'll be all black with just that narrow gray stripe.  I like it.

 





Last night at Friday Night Knitting I finished the Double Thick Dishcloth.  I really like it; it's thick and squooshy.  Can't wait to try it out.  And the stitch to make it double thick was easy.  I'll be using it again.




I stopped at Monterey Yarn on my Small Business Saturday rounds today.  Two skeins of super bulky Universal Yarn's Big Time in the Sapphires colorway.  I've already found a "shoulder warmer" pattern and am itching to cast on.  Now, do I have size 19 needles?





At Thanksgiving dinner DIL1 asked if I'd stop at their house to see if "the ladies" had laid any eggs and to take them home with me.  They did!  Guess who'll be having fresh eggs and bacon for Sunday breakfast?
 

No comments: