Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just Under the Wire



Whew, I'm just going to make posting today.  It's been a busy one.  I had a haircut at 9:30 (thank god, I was about ready to shave my head), went to Walmart for a rotisserie chicken and a bag of frozen carrots to make lunch soup, got home, and zoom, it was time to go to DS & DIL1's for Family Supper Brunch.  They made biscuits and sausage gravy, a mushroom egg bake smothered in cheese, mimosas, HZ brought fresh fruit, and Durwood made a loaf of chocolate almond quick bread.  Oh. My. God.  Oh. My. God.  It was so good, there are no words.  DIL1 had made more tiny, heart-shaped biscuits just in case we needed to dab a little blackberry jam on them.  I needed to.  More than once.   We stayed to watch the Packer game (I knitted) and everyone petted the well-behaved Porter quite a bit.  Then we drove home, running into the outflowing traffic before we got here, and I decided at about 4:30 that I really did need to mow the grass one more time, and with the bagger on to mulch up and gather up the remaining leaves.  You know Daylight Savings Time ended early this morning, right?  That meant that it was light when I woke up around 6:30, so no more sunrise photos for a while.  That also meant that it was already getting dark when I went out to mow and by the time I was done an hour later, it was full dark.  The only things that let me finish were the streetlight on the corner and the motion sensor lights in the front and back, but I had to get it done because my next chance to do it is Tuesday and they're talking about us having rain and snow showers then.  Can't mow in the snow, now, can I?  No, I can't.  Now I can put the lawnmower into the shed for the winter with a clear conscience.  Today's Photo a Day theme is "TV."  I don't feel strongly about much on TV but I will not miss CBS Sunday Morning.  Not for anything.  Also now my soup's cool enough for me to dip out lunch servings and put the remainder into the fridge and go to bed.  Sleep well, y'all.

No comments: