Friday, July 29, 2011

Oh, Poor Me

It's Friday--and I have to work. *sigh* I must think of my paycheck, which is in the money bag in the shop's safe and is bigger, a lot bigger, than my usual one. And I wish I'd gone to bed an hour earlier last night but I got hooked by the temptation to watch the next episode of Brothers & Sisters on Netflix and to knit another few rows on the shawl I cast on after supper. I need two extra bodies and pairs of hands. I want to sew. I want to knit. I want to whip the workshop in the basement into shape and make something with wood. And I think I'm getting a cold. Arrrgh.

July 28--Pierre-Louis Pierson, Scherzo di Follia. "Peek a boo, I see you," she says. Her words recall playing with a baby but there's nothing like that innocence in her eyes. She's peering through a frame with a bare smile in her visible eye and her lips are slightly curved. She has masses of hair tumbling over her shoulders, pearls around her neck, and a ring aimed at the camera. Even though you can't be certain, I know she's nude. I don't know how I know, but I'm sure about it. It's a feeling. I get the feeling too that as soon as he released the shutter they both dissolved into laughter, which quickly devolved into something completely different. The hussy.

Well, at least I wrote. I'm off to the salt mines.
--Barbara

No comments: