Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Sunny But Windy

So even though it was supposed to be 50 degrees outside it felt more like 40. I know that I shouldn't complain, it could be so much colder and snowier, but when it's sunny I want it to feel warm.


The regular Downy Woodpecker made its first appearance of the day on the rim of the birdbath. I wish I could go out and pet it but all of the birds fly away when I get near the door.



I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish this morning and drew some fishy figures. I thought about incorporating them into a Zentangle but that looked to be a much more complicated process than I thought it'd be. So I didn't.


Then I saw that the Downy Woodpecker had come back to sample the delights of the suet cakes.


I can't seem to get warm. My fingertips are icy and I've got chills. No, I don't think I'm getting sick I think I'm just cold. I thought about taking a shower to warm up but don't want to take off my clothes. Maybe I'll just turn on my electric blanket to warm up my flannel sheets and crawl in. I'm a grownup, I can go to bed when I want to, right?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Hope you got warmed up with your electric blanket and flannel sheets. Good luck trying to pet that bird. I don't think that's going to happen.