Friday, November 10, 2023

Sock!

I finished the toe of the Summer in Monaco sock this evening at Friday Night Knitting. I even Kitchenered the top of the toe together which takes some concentration. I love the colors.



Then I knitted on the Blue Green Dishcloth and got to the middle. Next I knit three rows even then start decreasing back down to three stitches. This is good, mindless knitting.


I went to the birdseed store this morning for more seed and the word really went out when I filled the feeders. Especially the Chickadees got the news. They were all over the feeders, one even went so far as to take a bath in the refilled birdbath.

 


When I grabbed the jug to fill so I could top up the birdbath I noticed that the Christmas cactus has developed a couple buds. Maybe I should water it.


Today's new tangles were interesting to draw. I thought the first one was especially different. I like the ones with the outline around the shape. Drawing in pencil shadows on the bottom one really made it look 3-D.


I stopped at the gas station on my way to the grocery this morning and really wished I had worn my winter coat. It was in the low 50s but there was a sharp wind out of the west that made it feel a lot colder. Fortunately I didn't need a lot of gas so my stand out in the wind time was limited.

I managed to listen to a couple more chapters of Horizon between Zooms this afternoon. It's still weird to hear the story in a different voice but I'm getting used to it.

And I'm still doing NaNoWriMo, not the official way but I'm breaking up that old manuscript and adding bits here and there to shift it to a different island and to add Rose and Iggy to the mix.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love the colors in the blue green dish cloth. Congrats on finishing that beautiful sock. Too bad to cover it up with a shoe. Horizon is my favorite of your books and I'd love to hear the voices of Gail and Able. I just fell in love with that persistent old devil!