Friday, November 24, 2023

Icy

The sun was shining brightly when I got up this morning but it sure wasn't warm outside. At all. All day. I think it might have gotten up to 31 degrees in the "heat" of the day. I know this because I kept checking the temp on my phone and the birdbath never fully thawed. There were a few Chickadees darting around the feeders and this one made a stop at the birdbath. You can see that the birdbath is half frozen. *sigh*

 


The biggest Christmas cactus bud is just about ready to open. The second biggest is lagging behind and a few of the bud nubbins are slightly swelling.


Since I didn't draw at all yesterday I decided to knuckle down and draw Zentangles today. I paged back to Day 4 and tried my hand at the three "new" tangles on that page. I did okay. My Micron 01 pen is running out of ink so it's hard to draw with. I need to dig out a new one.



Then I tackled the Zentangle that incorporates the new tangles and a few older ones. That time I used the Micron 03 pen which makes a slightly thicker line but has a lot more ink. That made it easier to draw with. I sorta like the way it turned out.


I got royally tired of knitting the Summer in Monaco Campfire sock on DPNs this evening so I knitted the sock onto a circular needle for Magic Loop and it started to go a bit better. I hoped that the yarn might make stripes but it isn't and it isn't pooling, just random color which is making it challenging to see what stitch I'm supposed to be knitting. But I'll persist because I'm stubborn. But I also might dig out some other, thicker yarn and knit a hat or something on bigger needles just to give my hands a break.


There are six more days of NaNoWriMo to go, I'm just over 40k words, and I'm going to run out of the old manuscript before the end of the month. I have an inkling of what I'll write to fill in when that runs out. I hope I can manage to hit 50k by the 30th. Fingers crossed, but not too much because it makes it hard to type that way.

--Barbara

No comments: