Saturday, November 25, 2023

Brr

You know, I hadn't really noticed how warm it has been until yesterday when it never got above freezing all day. It didn't get any warmer today and it's supposed to start snowing just a little in about an hour and continue through tomorrow until early afternoon. I am not psychologically ready for snow.

 

Chickadees visited again today and I managed to snap a picture of one that's actually nearly in focus. Yay, me!

 


I turned to the next Zentangles page and dived right in. Those roundish, bulgy shapes are weird but I think that I drew them better this time. I like the little spirals and I really like the long, grassy shapes that are dangling from the bottom of the spirals. 


Last night I wished that I had another knitting project to switch to so I spent some time on Ravelry looking at hat patterns and at the yarns in my stash and came up with a free One Skein Beanie pattern and this lovely Araucania yarn. I bought this yarn to make a shawl out of about 10 years ago and you can see how far I got with that idea so one of the two skeins is turning into a hat. This yarn is lots thicker than sock yarn and the needles are three times the size so progress will be more noticeable.


After lunch and a power nap I got busy and got my NaNoWriMo words written. For supper I finished the leftovers that I brought home from Thanksgiving (sniff!) and the free pie I got from my Edw. Jones broker. I didn't make the pie last as long as I planned to but now the temptation is gone and I can slot the can of Reddi Whip back into the rear of the fridge until the next pie emergency.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Survived our trip to NC but we're pooped. Paul has a dreadful cold so we're happy to be back in the sunny south. Glad you're back to feeling good.