Monday, November 27, 2023

The Coldest Day

Since March 18 according to the Spectrum weather guy this evening. I took his word for it and didn't go outside but I have to go Investment Cooking shopping so I guess I'm going tomorrow. Ugh.


The Christmas cactus is blooming. Too bad that it's on one of the lowest branches so it's kind of laying on the counter. I scooched it over to the edge so it has room to hang down. I wonder if the bud will bloom or if it'll just hang there until it dries up like they usually do.



I love the way today's Zentangle turned out. These tangles I can draw with ease (I don't know why) so it made it easy for me to make something that looks good.


Then I decided to draw a mermaid. She's a little pudgy looking but I like her tail a lot.


Today was the first day of NaNoWriMo that I didn't have a chunk of an old manuscript to build off of. And I calculated how many words I need to write every day to make the 50k goal. Almost 2K a day. Yikes! I managed today but I worry about what I'll write about tomorrow and the next day and the next day.

I went downstairs and sorted the laundry. There was a lot more of it than I thought there'd be but I shouldn't have been surprised because I'm running out of socks. Naturally I didn't go downstairs until late in the afternoon so I only did one load. I'm saving the other loads for later in the week. I am not a fan.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

It's cold down here too --56 degrees!! I know that's balmy for you but I'm bundling up in a sweater when I go out this morning.