Saturday, November 4, 2023

They Match

Look what I found in my sock drawer--a pair of almost matching socks! The leg of the right sock is plain and the leg of the left sock is a pattern of stitches, the heels are different, but the foot part on both socks is the same so I decided to wear them today.



I went up to Sturgeon Bay with a few other GB Writer's Guild members to the Support Literacy Book Fair. LW drove which was great and we had a nice time. There was a good turnout and I sold two books, doubling my goal. A lot of people stopped to look but not many bought, only one but she bought two. She's my new favorite person. Oh, and an old old friend from Tae Kwon Do days was there selling her children's book. It was great to see her.


Before I got picked up I did today's Zentangles. I like the way they turned out, especially the middle one.



And I even had a smidgen of attention to see these Sparrows bathing. They were having a grand old time splashing and fluttering.

 

The Sparrows have done a masterful job eating down the suet pellets too. They flap and bend over so that they've got a good angle on the few pellets that are left. I'll fill the feeders tomorrow or maybe Monday. I'll get to it.


I made an executive NaNoWriMo decision. Instead of paraphrasing parts of the manuscript that I like I'm going to copy and paste them and then write my new characters and situations into them. That way I'll keep true to the story and add people, places, and things. I tried it when I got home tonight and I think it's going to work. I've been through the manuscript a few times and turned things that need changing to red so that they stand out. Is it cheating? Yeah, probably a little but I'm making the rules here so what I say goes.

Don't forget to change your clocks back an hour tonight. I've already changed a few of them and it's like a whole new world. Sheesh, I'm so not a fan of this clock changing twice a year.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Congrats on meeting your goal -- and doubling it! You look like a successful author sitting there with your four "children." Glad you had a good day.