Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was a bright sunny day today in Green Bay, perfect for driving a ways across the state to a perfectly lovely Thanksgiving celebration. All but one of the usual suspects were there and she was only missing due to a migraine. To make the day perfect all around, the local professional football team won its game today (against all odds). I was worried that the influx of all that rich food after a week of abstinence wouldn't be good for me but I've survived in good shape and even managed to ingest a sliver of the best pecan pie that KZ has ever made.


 

 

The onion bread was a big hit. In fact, I managed to palm off the bag of slices that I took with me because one couple must have tried it for the first time and fell in love. Since I have another whole loaf in the freezer it was easy to be magnanimous. I clued them in that it makes great toast too.


I didn't draw today, I don't know why, I had time, but I did write my NaNoWriMo word count before I left for Thanksgiving.

--Barbara

No comments: