Sunday, September 24, 2023

Not One

I had a good time visiting with the three other authors at yesterday's author book signing at Caramel Crisp Cafe & Books but didn't sell a book. We started outside under a tent but then it started raining and we were getting wet so we had to move indoors into a back room. Not many people came by because we were tucked in a corner and only one of us sold a book. I did deliver two copies of Island Dreams to the bookstore for their inventory but I'll only get paid when she sells them, same as the others. My next event is another local authors sale put on as a charity event by OtherWorlds Books & More in Sturgeon Bay early in November. Hopefully I have better luck.



After the book event I tootled on down the highway to Wauwatosa to visit my friend. We had a lovely visit today, talked about writing and publishing and spent a couple hours drawing and chatting. One of my three pages of drawings is all butterflies. I like it. We splurged and ordered Chinese for lunch. It was delish.


When I got home this afternoon I went out and filled the bird feeders. I've decided that I miss the birds too much. When I went up to put cobs of corn into the holders I saw a zillion bees on the sedum and the perennial asters (aka weeds) that are next to the sedum.


I tried to set my mind to working out my "not enough conflict" problem with my manuscript last night but got nowhere. Gah! It's so frustrating. My brain feels like it's turned off. Hopefully my week at The Clearing will turn it back on.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Drat it!! Sounds like the weather didn't help for your book sale. At least you had a nice visit with a friend -- and Chinese for lunch. Not all bad.