Saturday, September 9, 2023

All I've Got is Art

I didn't feel a lot better today. Still achy and shivery so I spent a lot of the day feeling sorry for myself. I went to the grocery for grapes, bananas, and watermelon (gotta have watermelon) and felt like my car was two miles from the door. I'll feel better tomorrow. If I keep saying that it might be true.


20 Ways to Draw a Tree was the drawing book that rose to the top of the pile today. I drew blossoms, a stone, a twig, a dragonfly, and a tulip. I think the dragonfly is the best today. Or maybe the tulip.



In the afternoon I taped a piece of watercolor paper to a plexiglass board and turned to the next lesson in my new watercolor book. It was about saving whites and not saving whites. So I have two strawberries. I'm not sure if I like either one of them.


I got an email from GetCovers this afternoon with my name spelled right on the audio book covers. They wouldn't use the same picture that I used for Better Than Mom's because I got it from a free stock photo site but the one that they substituted looks okay. And the Island Dreams cover has scuba divers instead of snorkelers so I like that one better.


I am hoping that another good night's sleep will send me on the way to feeling better. Feeling crummy has gotten old.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Well drat it!! I hope by the time you read this you're feeling better. No fun feeling lousy. I like your strawberries. They look juicy to me.