Friday, September 15, 2023

Birds Came! Birds Went!

I'm still not filling the bird feeders but the birds keep coming to the birdbath and the suet cakes. The young Downy Woodpecker showed up this morning and I managed to catch it on the Slinky. It had just finished its ride down and up before flying over to the suet cakes but you've seen it on there too many times. Today you get the Slinky pose.



But first I heard honking outside and looked up to see Canada Geese flying south. Already. Maybe they were just flying southward but I wasn't ready to see them doing that so soon. And look how low they're flying. I kind of felt like I needed to duck.


A Goldfinch stopped by the birdbath for a drink and I noticed that he had on his winter plumage. *sigh* No more bright yellow birds until next spring, I guess.



I flipped to the next page of Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals to find this waggy dog.


And from 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly we have a swallow, a pelican, a cockatoo, and a Cupid.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I added a couple inches to the Muchness scarf. I still like the yarn, still have the pattern (mostly) memorized, and am still not too tired of it to keep going.


My big accomplishment today was folding a basket of clean laundry. Socks, underwear, and towels, with a few pairs of capris in the bottom of the basket. Not very interesting but rather necessary.

I spent an hour reading more of the 1st person POV manuscript. It's okay. I keep thinking it needs something but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I have to have faith that it'll come to me--eventually.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Is winter closer than we think? Those geese know something we don't. Every day is summertime down here so I have to stop and think when real summer ends.