Thursday, September 28, 2023

More Birds

I was lucky enough to snap a photo of a female House Finch on the feeder. There isn't a lot of seed in there so she had to be selective.



The male House Finch landed on the round feeder and just as I took his picture he took off to join the female on the platform feeder. Tsk. But I'm showing him to you anyway since birds have been scarce. I saw a couple Sparrows and a Chickadee but they didn't stick around for long.


There's a full moon tonight and it's a supermoon. I managed to get a halfway decent picture of it but it looks bigger in person. There's a home football game tonight and I'll bet watching the moon rise was a big hit with the people on the west side of the stadium. Unless they had tailgated too heartily, that is.



I restarted drawing out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish today. I tried to pick cartoon-y versions and think I did okay. Except for the seahorse in the lower left. He doesn't look much like a seahorse.


I was driving LC and OJ around this evening and got caught in the Packer game traffic. I eased up to a stoplight and a crowd of people was standing there waiting for the game bus. One guy stuck his thumb out and grinned at me so I rolled down my window and said, "sorry, I'm not going that way." Another guy offered me $100 to take them all to the stadium. I declined. No way would they all fit in my little HHR. It was a fun and friendly exchange, though.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Glad your interaction with the fans was before the game and not afterwards. They might have been a bit surly. Too bad they couldn't pull off the win.