Monday, September 18, 2023

Thanks, Dad!

Another one of Dad's roses bloomed today. I didn't remember this being such a rosy time of the year but I guess the rosebush likes the weather and the dearth of rain.



Near the roses one of the mum plants is starting to bloom. I don't know exactly what to call this color--gold or copper gold--whatever it is I like it.


One of my writing friends and her friend are up at The Clearing this week taking a watercolor class so I'm trying to paint every day too. This still life is pretty darned terrible. I should have painted the brownish table that the fruit was lying on. Maybe I'll go back and do it tomorrow or later.



From Things With Wings I drew a vulture, a puffin, a grasshopper, and a duck. I like the grasshopper the best because it's made of short lines and looks interesting.


I skimmed through the 1st and 3rd POV version of my manuscript and made a list of the chapters and the POV of each one. I found two that start out one way and shift to another rather quickly, too quickly to make a chapter break, so I have to figure out a way to make it work. I did a little online research and discovered that I can just make a break using dashes or asterisks when the POV changes and not have to have a chapter break. I'll think about it.


Once I had the chapter list finished I went out and took my little walk. I think maybe I'm getting a little better at it, not quite as winded quite as quickly as before. My legs still get tired but I figure that's because I sit drawing and writing so much. This morning I went to two grocery stores and tried to convince myself that walking around the perimeter of the big, superstore one counted as taking a walk today but I knew I wasn't doing myself any favors so I went out for a walk before supper.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Walking in the grocery store does not count as walking. Unless you walk briskly and never stop to look at anything. Good try!