Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A Sign of Autumn

I stopped at Zambaldi Beer this morning. It was a brew day so DS invited me to come over. He was brewing Maple Brown Ale using maple syrup he sourced from his old Boy Scout camp. He makes a real effort to use local ingredients when he can.



Today's drawings are courtesy of 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly. I planned to draw the last six figures but the pheasant in the middle got too big and the cardinal in the lower right filled in the available space. That leaves one more figure to draw before the end of the book and starting over again.


 

This evening I went knitting at KE's house. DM brought a pizza, KE had fruits & nuts, and I brought lemon bars. Unfortunately CS had to be out of town so we missed her. We listened to the debate on TV. It's too bad that they can't shut off the microphones of the people whose turn it isn't. They didn't answer the questions and talked out of turn and over each other. It wasn't a debate it was a free-for-all with name calling and everything. The most amazing thing was it was in the Reagan Library and there's an airplane in the building. I've heard of taking an ashtray or a towel when you leave a place but an airplane? That's gutsy. Maybe it's just a replica? Anyway I knitted on my Muchness scarf. It's getting longer.


I printed out critique copies to take to The Clearing next weekend. It was only after I had the 9 copies printed that I realized I forgot to put my name on there.  *sigh* I'll write it on with a pen.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I forgot about the debate but I guess I didn't miss anything. I'll see what the commentators have to say about it this morning. Seems too early for all that when the election is more than a year away! A year ago today was the hurricane that changed our lives. So much can happen in a year.