Thursday, September 21, 2023

Today It's a Bud

I went out this morning to check for today's Dad's rose and found only a new rosebud. That's okay, in a day or two it'll be another beautiful, velvety red rose.



This morning I got out my little watercolor palette and tried a tulip. I didn't put enough water on the paper so the paint didn't spread and blend as much as I'd hoped it would but I think it turned out okay.


Then after lunch I pulled out the drawing things and drew five things with wings--a griffin, a winged man, an eagle, a mythological bird, and a goose. They all please me about the same, I'm not choosing a favorite today. Some days I think I'm getting worse instead of better.


Most of the day I spent reading my manuscript trying to find a place to add in some trouble. I didn't find any which was monumentally frustrating. I broke out a few pieces that I might submit for critique when I'm up at The Clearing in 10 days.

My cleaner came today so my house smells nice and fresh and clean. She's a big fan of my books so she was excited that I have a new title and even more excited that I'm having audiobooks recorded. Witnessing her excitement bled away a little of my manuscript frustration.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Isn't it nice to have someone come and clean your house? I love it when she leaves and the floors are all shiny and it smells so good. And all I have to do is stay out of her way.