Monday, September 25, 2023

Packed

I spent the afternoon refining my Clearing packing list, then folding and rolling my clothes into my suitcase and filling my toiletries bag and stuffing that in too. I remembered to put in a windbreaker that doubles as a rain jacket. I put in mostly long sleeved shirts but put in one short sleeved one in case it gets warm one day or I can wear it as an extra layer if it gets cold.



From 20 Ways to Draw a Tree I drew a page of things--a fern, a pine cone, a leaf, acorns, a berry, and a snowflake. The leaf is the best. The pine cone and acorns look weird and the berry is scribbly.


I went up to the retaining wall looking for bees again today but didn't really find any so I just took a picture of the sedum and the perennial asters which look like tiny daisies.



After I finished packing I pulled out my watercolors and a fake succulent to try my hand at it. It didn't turn out too badly, if I do say so myself.


Today was a droopy day. I could have napped off and on most of the day. Don't know why, I slept all night last night, well, except for a couple bathroom trips but I went right back to sleep. Maybe it was all of the driving I did on Saturday and Sunday that tired me out. 

I finished my leftover pork fried rice for supper. I love Chinese takeout leftovers. Thanks again, Lala!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love those tiny little asters. Even if they're weeds, they look like daisies to me and besides that, they're cute.