Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hot Dog!

Things went well today! I'm loving this, just throwing conflict after conflict at my story with very little breathing time in between. Try it sometime, it's very freeing. Here's a bit of today:

“Hello?” I called and I heard Iggy say, “Back here” from the kitchen. When I went down the short hall and through the door I was amazed at what I saw. “Oh my god,” I stopped dead one step over the threshold, “I have a kitchen. A real kitchen.” While I had been away a miracle had occurred. The stove was installed and the sink and counter top were too. Along one wall there were bottom cupboards with doors topped with a marble counter top. Above it were open shelves made of wire for air circulation in the tropics. It was everything I had imagined all those months ago when I was spending so much time and money in home improvement stores. Iggy smiled at me from the top of the stepladder where he was attaching the last blade of the big ceiling fan. “How do you like it? I made everyone help so that I could surprise you.” I covered my mouth with my fingers. “It, it is just wonderful.” He climbed down and I walked to him and put my arms around his neck. “Thank you, Iggy, thank you so much.” I rose up on my tiptoes and kissed him. His arms went around me and pulled me close. Our kiss deepened and the stresses of the week faded. I ran my right hand down his back and cupped his butt. I loved his firm bottom, the way it felt it my hand. His hand strayed from my jaw to my left breast and we ground together, each of us murmuring our pleasure. It crossed my mind that we might just make love right there. “Mother!” A shocked male voice blared through the room.

Kids! They show up at the most inopportune times.

Only one more week to go.

Daily count: 2055 words
Total count: 41,894 words

--Barbara

No comments: