Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Confess, I Blew Off Writing Yesterday

It just didn't fit into Friday. I met Dusty and Lyn, we went to lunch in Manitowoc and then to a Holiday fiber sale at a sheep farm in rural Valders. Lunch was endless carbs and fats (breadbreadbread, garlic bread, one fried wing, a cheesesteak sandwich with some veggies but mostly fried, and a small handful of fries), nowhere no how a diet meal but it was gooooood. Mmm, I've been craving bread and the garlic bread was to die for. I am now sated and will be able to stick closer to my food plan for a while. The fiber fest/sale wasn't nearly as big or varied as we hoped but I managed to find some gorgeous 50/50 merino and alpaca for some hats and mittens and one skein of merino and angora for trim, plus 2 skeins of undyed wool from "black" sheep, which is really a gorgeous walnut brown. All that for sixty bucks from the source. It was a fun day and by the time we got back to Green Bay we had decided we're going to find out where to rent snowshoes this winter and give it a whirl--if it ever snows. (It has been in the 50s this week, not exactly typical WI November weather, but I am not complaining.) There was just enough time to eat supper with Durwood and then go to Friday Night Knitting Circle, knit and chat, come home, knit more, and then sleep. See? No time to write. I played catch up today. Here's a bit of it:

Suddenly I realized that I was not willing to wait. I could not wait for some nebulous day in the misty future when I stop feeling married to Jim and able to move on into a new relationship. Another drop of perspiration slid down my spine making me shiver, but this time it was not a shiver of trepidation but a shiver of anticipation. I tipped back my head and drained my glass. Then I took Iggy’s glass from his hand and set it beside my empty one on the counter. “I do not think there will be any more waiting tonight,” I said as my hands gripped his shoulders and pulled him to me.

Those of you with an imagination will understand why this is all you get in a family blog. The rest of you, um, ask a grown up.

Daily total: 1778 words
Total count: 34,495 words

10 more days!
--Barbara

No comments: